Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Take to Heart the Power of God

The more we take up the "weapons of our warfare" in this epic spiritual battle of life, the more we are empowered by the Holy Spirit.

This was demonstrated to me last week, when I took a stand against the spirit of rejection, replacing it with God's view of me: I am precious in His sight; He guides me with His eye; He is for me and therefore no one can stand against me; I am seated with Christ in heavenly places.

Immediately I felt joy and peace in a situation that could've spiraled into a melange of negative emotion and commotion.  I can't be wasting time with that junk any longer.  I'm called to be not only transformed, but to be a transformer, by speaking the word of God, calling those things that are not as though they were.  This is what the Spirit of God waits for me to do, before He will act.  But when He hears the decrees of the Lord, He goes into action. 

This is what Jesus did: He spoke words of faith, and bam!  The Holy Spirit bore witness and manifested the word.  Let's start wielding the Sword of the Spirit (His word), severing ungodly ties, severing demonic spirits, severing anything contrary to God, so we can live Kingdom lives, as kings unto the King.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Joanna :-) Reminds me of a song from one of my favorite singer-songwriters, David Wilcox:

    Burgundy Heart Shaped Medallion (from Home Again)

    If I had a spell of magic
    I would make this enchantment for you
    A burgundy heart shaped medallion
    With a window that you could look through
    So that when all the mirrors are angry
    With your faults and all you must do
    You could peak through that heart shaped medallion
    And see you from my point of view

    You can listen to it here: http://www.davidwilcox.com/index.php?page=cds&family=&category=03--CDS&display=305


    Also, Inside of my Head:

    http://www.davidwilcox.com/index.php?page=cds&family=&category=03--CDS&display=297
    God bless you!

    I hope you like them :-)

    Todd

    ReplyDelete