Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Whom Do You Serve?

I am celebrating a major breakthrough over a recurrent emotional issue.  It came by revelation through scripture that if I refuse to "bow" to my negative emotions, which take me on a roller coaster ride that is anything but fun, I have the upper hand by exercising self-control. 

When I choose faith over emotion, keeping my big mouth shut and waiting, with a mindset that God is doing a work in me and in the situation, I will see a resolution and I will be promoted in the spiritual realm.

What does that mean, you may ask...promotion in the spiritual realm?  It means that when we show God our faith, He shows us favor, which in turn builds our faith in Him.  Now we can move to a higher level, exercise more faith and see Him reward that faith.  That is how God keeps us moving from faith to faith in Jesus, molding us and conforming us into His likeness and character.

Now I am assured that when I turn away from the dictates of my flesh, which wars against the spirit of God that is in me, I know I am honoring God's word, promises and commands.  Blessings begin to flow through my body, mind and spirit because now I am aligned with His will, and have become a straightened conduit of His unfailing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment